Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Illinois Rocks ;DD

Matthiessen State Park 1

As I keep insisting, Illinois is not as flat as most people will like to believe. Well, now I have evidence to go with my claims : the canyons (:D) we encountered while hiking at Matthiessen State Park, last weekend. I know they are not a patch on the grand idea of canyons one may have, nothing grandiose about these formations but I think they are beautiful and do bear in mind, they are right in the midst of corn country. What's more, now I can truly claim that "Illinois rocks" ;DD

PS: The light at Lower Dells, by the time we reached them was nothing to be glad about.....and it shows in the pics and no, I am not doing manual on my camera yet .....So critics, cut me some slack there! :)

 Matthiessen State Park 2

12 comments:

Hilary said...

Beautiful pics, Moi. It reminds me of the Dells in Wisconsin.. gorgeous. Nicely done. :)

gaz said...

nice post kerri. i like the ears of corn on the previous one too.

manual shmanual... it's overated!

Nikon said...

The top shot is really beautiful, Moi, the bright colors of the flowers & the clothing against the deep green.
The bottom shot looks great. If the camera was on auto - it came out fine!

photowannabe said...

Nice shots of the canyons and Illionis definitely rocks.

~enfield~ said...

Swati all your photography is amazing! I am catching up after a long time but I must say you've grown as a photographer. I am jealous and only wish I could devote time. Wonderful!

P.S Are you on Flickr?

tommie said...

those are just beautiful! Are you sure they are in IL? I kid...have you been to KY?

~enfield~ said...

Also please change your profile intro. I checked after almost a couple of years and it still says "new found love." Man you are a PRO now!

~enfield~ said...

I haven't done much exciting photography but you can check out at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ramanchahal/

Jen said...

Love the photos Moi:) How have you been??

Mary said...

Beautiful shots! Those rocks are just gorgeous. :)

laurel said...

"Illinois rocks" - LOL!

Beautiful!

Kerri said...

Those rocks really do 'rock' ;)
Looks like a pretty place for a hike...and lots of photo ops.