Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hello, Summer Vacations!!!

Hello, Summer Vacations :)

To begin with, I'd like to thank all of you for sharing your thoughts on the tribute to Anne Frank. She has and will continue to inspire this world with her optimism and wisdom. There's this line in the Czech movie, "Divided we fall" (Set in Czech during WWII times and Czech's 2000 contender for best foreign film at Oscars) that lingers long after the movie is done with "You wouldn't believe what abnormal times do to normal people". Guess, if extra-ordinary circumstances bring out the worst in some, they bring out the best in most unlikely of us. That's humankind for you :)

On an upbeat note, I am off for a mini summer vacation. Have a friend down from across the Atlantic so we get to show him the southern most point of United States...yes, we are off to Key West via Miami. Hoping to bring some Cuban flavor to the blog from the trip. Thereafter, we leave for an Indo-Irish wedding in Mid-west and from there up to the Mackinac Islands in Upper Peninsula, Michigan. That's a lot of flavors that I intend to capture while on vacation, eh!!! But then that's the beauty of living in a nation as diverse as America. As TS Eliot once remarked, "Through my travels I have grown tremendously". I wish to learn all that textbooks could not teach moi, by following my wanderlust. And partly helping the dream is that my tax returns for the last year are safely in my checking account now. Have Money, Will Travel ;)

Will miss out on being your blogs for a short while but will catch up the minute I get back....such is the addiction to blogging ;)

26 comments:

Nikon said...

Sounds like a great summer - I hope that it all turns out great.

Geraldo said...

An Indo-Irish wedding in Mid-west? That's a good name for a book or movie...
Enjoy your vacations and return soon!

Unknown said...

Hope you have tons of fun on your vacation.

Love the hats :)

Radha said...

Have fun !!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I like the angle, Moi.

photowannabe said...

Lucky you. Have such a fabulous time. Take gobs of pictures and come back to this adictive hobby.

Anna said...

Great colors and I like the perspective as well. Have a great time on your vacation...or as they say here...holiday! :) I look forward to all your pictures! I absolutely LOVE Key West.....it is one of the best times my husband and I ever had on vacation. HAVE FUN!

Nazzareno said...

Yellow red green. ... that attractive explosion of color! alone to look at them us hears itself well...

Lori said...

The angles and colors are so beautiful in this shot!! Take lots of great photos on your vacation and have fun!

RUTH said...

Oh enjoy your holiday! Love the hats...so colourful.

Cris said...

Love your thoughts today... so deep. You go and have fun!!! Those hats are gorgeous, is blue out of fashion or were they sold out? :-)

diyadear said...

wow that s a lovely picture.. n hey ur trip sounds terrific!! have a gr8 time..Enjoy!!

Mark said...

Hi Moi,
Sounds like just the thing, you are certainly packing it in and i look forward to your pictures when you get back. If you need someone to carry your bags , just let me know...

Cheers Mark

Sarad said...

it reminds of my uncle and his girl friend. they were plain back pack travelers. They work for 8 months and glob trek for 4 months or as long as their money lasts. Then if it requires, they get a new job and used to repeat this for many years together.

Sarad said...

lovely, colorful hats.

Joel Reynolds said...

Great colour and composition!
Well done!
Joel

Ash said...

Awesome colors. I'll pick the hot pink hat.

Tell me more about the Indo-Irish wedding.

chaiblogger said...

Hi Moi, Travel plans sound exciting! Enjoy! Love this shot of the brightly colored hats! what type of camera do u use? I was just in Key West in May - i love it there, watch out for stray chickens/roosters. There's no place like it. What part of Fl are u in?
StPeteDailyPhoto

Anonymous said...

Very neat post and interesting too.

Abraham Lincoln
Today you will get to see the baby raccoons...
Brookville Daily Photo

Anonymous said...

I love this colorful shot8 Have a nice week end!

GMG said...

Lucky you! The holiday programme sounds beautiful. I particularly envy the visit to the Conch Republic, though the season is probably not the best. Anyhow, I would love to go back, and look forward to seeing your wonderful pictures. Enjoy...

laurel said...

You are going to get awesome shots in Key West! I love shooting down there. Have a great time!!!

nasten'ka said...

beautiful sunny colours!

Perpetual Procrastinator said...

Have a wonderful time on your holiday! It seems like it will be a very busy month. I'll look forward to your posting upon your return (and I'll miss your comments on my blog too!)

Z said...

What delicious hats! Yum!

Hope you're having a fab time on your vacation, and I'll be looking forward to reading all about what you did. :-)

Thanks for your visits to Villigen Switzerland.

JAM said...

Love the colors. I like to take my camera into stores with me. Sometimes things there just beg to be photographed.